On Thursday June 2, 2011, our church was blessed to have two awesome guest speakers, Brother Ron Block and Sister Joyce Block from Perris, California.
Sister block shared the testimony of her miraculous and complete recovery from cancer. If you would like to listen to her inspirational words of encouragement and wisdom, please click here.
Brother Block taught on “Points of Power for Spiritual Growth”, some simple but incredibly relevant points to live by that most of us take for granted. He starts and ends this message by declaring: “I believe we’re in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.” He also offers some sage advice: we should be more like a thermostat and less like a thermometer. A thermometer can only go up or down according to its surroundings. A thermostat sets the temperature and is in control of things around it. The following points will help you set the correct temperature in your walk with God.
His points are:
- The power of putting things in motion – “Remember, you’re never ready to do what you want to do, you just have to get out there and do it, and as you’re doing it, the Holy Ghost can correct you and guide you much like a guided missile.”
- The power of repentance – We need to subtract before we can add things to our spiritual walk.
- The power of trials, adversities, and problems – Count it all joy. The issues of life can be the very making of you.
- The power of setting the course, vision, or goal – You are responsible for setting the course, but God is responsible for giving you the steps to fulfil your goals.
- The power of your words – Life and death, success and failure, lie within the power of your words.
- The power of the Holy Ghost – Let the Holy Ghost guide you as you “STRIVE” to become better.
- Start small
- Think tall
- Reach over the walls in your life
- Invest your all
- Vision it all
- Expect it all to happen
To listen to this powerful message, please click here.