Do This to Stay Close to God
1 Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.
2 Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
2 Corinthians 13:5
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
1 Chronicles 28:9
9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
- Judge Me – test me to see if I’m right or wrong. If I’m wrong help me correct it.
- – Is my heart right? Are my thoughts right?
- Examine your faith in life regularly.
- – Just like when bills are put under a black light to see if it’s counterfeit, your faith will be tested. If you don’t pass, you are counterfeit. Your walk with God is fake. That’s why you need to pray and read your word everyday. Otherwise your walk with God will fail.
- Come to God daily for forgiveness and cleansing.
- Love God with all your heart. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
- Continue daily seeking the Lord with your whole heart.
- – God is awesome. There is none like him. We should want to be with him and talk to him as much as we can.
- Stay in the Word of God: keep studying and learning daily.
- – The Holy Ghost will lead you and guide you. You have to follow it.
- Stay in fellowship often with other believers. You can’t make it alone as a Christian. We need the strength and prayers of other believers.