How To Follow God
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
16 And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.
12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
39 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,
46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
- Pray — every day, every morning. Pray that you can resist temptation, resist the devil, that you can love one another…
- “Not my will, but thine be done” — Write this down somewhere so you will see it everyday and remember to pray
- Love the Lord with all your heart. If you love the Lord, then you would pray to him everyday. If you can’t do this, then how are you going to be able to love thy neighbor as thyself? And furthermore, how will you keep all the rest of the commandments?
- If you do not obey the Bible, you are not going to go to Heaven. It didn’t say some, it said ALL things. Mercy will not cover you; obedience will.
- When you don’t pray you are betraying Jesus.
- Prayer and obedience go hand in hand. If you don’t pray, then you are definitely not going to obey.
- If you don’t pray, you will not be in obedience with the Word of God and you will not be in obedience with the man of God.
- Pray so that you can obey. Pray for God to help you pray more and more. You won’t get anything if you don’t talk to God.
- As long as you are IN the church you will be blessed. The day you leave the church, your blessing will leave as well.
- Living as a Christian is a job. It is not just a hobby or an interest. We are supposed to be ambassadors for Christ representing him in ALL we do!
- If you are not all together at home or at your job, then how are you going to act in the church? You are the same person. You can’t hide from God.
- How you act wherever you are is a representation of who you are.
- You are in an interview for God 24/7. This is your interview on Earth to see if you are worthy for the job in Heaven. So you need to be on you best behavior 24/7.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Do things unto God, not to please others.
- Make up your mind to Live for God. Commit to it. It’s a miserable life to have one foot in, one foot out. Pick one or the other. Make the right choice; follow Jesus!