Is Your Love for God Sincere?
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
12 But, O Lord of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause.
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
- Testing is a normal part of righteous living.
- Experiencing trials shouldn’t be unusual for believers. All righteous people are tested from time to time by the One who created them.
- The Lord already knows our hearts.
- He uses tests to reveal to us our priorities so we can adjust them if necessary.
- Your actions determine your love for God.